Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday, July 13 (Day 3):

Today was such a wonderful day of rest and relaxation!! We got to sleep in and just chill for the day. I slept until 10:30 and my roommates slept until noon! We definitely needed the sleep after a couple of action packed days! After we all showered, we headed to the mall down the street and at lunch and Tony Roma's. We decided to have a fairly American meal before we headed to Cusco for the rest of the week. Everyone got salad except me. I was really hungry for Mexican food, so I got fajitas. The fajitas were great! At least there was guacamole to make the fajitas a little closer to Mexican food! I just wish I had some chips and salsa to go with it! We walked around the mall for a bit and discovered that the mall mostly consists of restaurants. It has Chili's, Burger King, KFC and Starbucks. The mall is an outdoor mall and the talk over looks the Pacific Ocean. I think it'd be absolutely beautiful if the sun would actually come out! I'm ready for some sun! It's been cloudy ever since we got here :(. After the mall, we walked around the city of Lima for a while. This city is HUGE! We walked to a park and then went to eat some desert! I ate a piece of chocolate cake that was amazing! Probably wasn't the best idea though! Tonight we went back to the mall to eat dinner and several of us ate pizza. Allie ate a pizza called Pizza Rising Up. The names of some of the meals were quite entertaining to read. They had a wierd way of translating to English. We head out early in the morning for Cusco! In Cusco, we are going to work with some girls at an orphanage and visit Macchu Picchu!! Hopefully I'll get internet while I'm there so I can continue to update! Thank you again for all of your prayers and support!

Love and God Bless,
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment